The terms of this Policy are subject to any additional terms of disclaimers or other contractual terms you have entered into with Banque Thaler such as client privacy statements or notices, and any applicable mandatory laws and regulations.
By accessing the Site you accept this Privacy Statement ("Statement").If you do not agree to this Policy, do not proceed to further web pages of the Site.
This Policy may be updated at any time. Please ensure that you regularly read the latest version of this page. The first paragraph of the Policy tells you when the last update was made.
1. Information We CollectWhen you visit the Site, our web server automatically records details about your visit (for example, your IP address, the web site from which you visit us, the type of browser software used, the Site pages that you actually visit including the date and the duration of your visit).
In addition, we may collect information about you when you use this Site or when you apply for or use other services offered by Banque Thaler in the following ways:
- We may also collect personal information about you as a result of us recording certain telephone calls which our employees may have with you, and storing those recordings, in order to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations or for Banque Thaler Business purposes.
- We may collect information concerning the attachments you open within newsletters that are sent to you electronically.
- We may also collect personal information about you from applications, forms or questionnaires you may complete or agreements you enter into with us or in the course of your establishing or maintaining a customer relationship with us, including information about your credit history or financial situation, and your transactions with us or others who provide services to us.
2. Security of data transfersWhen transferring personal data internationally we make sure that we comply with applicable laws and regulations, for example, by entering into agreements which will ensure that the recipients of your information maintain an adequate level of data protection.
Please note that data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. Banque Thaler cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any personal information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. In particular, while individual data packets are often encrypted, the names of the sender and recipient are not. A third party may therefore be able to trace an existing bank account or relationship or one that is subsequently created. Even if both the sender and recipient are located in the same country data may also be transmitted via such networks to other countries regularly and without controls, including to countries that do not afford the same level of data protection as your country of domicile.
For certain services, we use strong encryption to transfer your data (your account data, for example). In these cases you will be told separately about the treatment of this data and about the details of encryption.
Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
Please note that we accept no responsibility or liability for the security of your information whilst in transit over the Internet to BANQUE THALER. In order to protect your privacy we would like to remind you that you may choose another means of communication with BANQUE THALER, where you deem it appropriate.
Electronic messages sent to and from Banque ThalerAll electronic messages sent to and from Banque Thaler are automatically retained in a distinct journaling system which preserves the evidential weight of the e-mails. They are protected by reasonable technical and organisational measures and may only be accessed in justified cases in line with applicable laws and regulations (e.g. court order, suspicion of criminal conduct, violation of regulatory obligations, material breach of employment contract) to specific persons in defined functions (e.g. Legal, Compliance, Risk). Every step of the process, as well as the search criteria used, are logged in an audit trail. All emails are disposed of after the applicable retention period has expired.
3. Use of Personal DataBanque Thaler respects applicable laws and regulations in its use of personal data and will use your personal data:
- for the purposes of technical administration and research & development of the Site,
- for customer and user administration and marketing,
- to enhance the quality of the products or services we wish to provide to our customers or in connection with your investments with or through us
- for such purposes as otherwise specified.
Who can access your data?
- We restrict access to personal information about you to those employees, agents or other parties who need to know that information to provide products or services to you or in connection with your investments with or through us.
- We do not use for purposes other than as set out above, or disclose to any third party any personal information about our customers or former customers, except with such customer’s consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- In cases where we believe that additional products and services may be of interest to you, we may disclose your information to affiliates of Banque Thaler inside or outside your country of residence to perform services for Banque Thaler and for the purposes stated above to the extent permitted by applicable law. Our affiliates, agents and third party providers who have access to personal data obtained through the Site are obliged to to treat the information confidentially and use it only for the purpose for which it is provided. Certain jurisdictions may have more stringent privacy requirements that will prevent disclosure of your personal information to any other person or entity, including affiliates.
- We may also disclose your information to governmental agencies or entities, regulatory authorities, or other persons in line with any applicable law, regulations, court order or official request, or under any and for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities, or similar processes as either required or permitted by applicable law.
What security measures have we implemented to protect your information collected through the Site?We have implemented and maintain reasonable technical and organisational, physical, electronic and procedural safeguards - including firewalls, individual passwords and encryption and authentication technology - to protect your personal information collected by Banque Thaler via the Site, against unauthorized access, misuse, loss or destruction.
Tracking technology helps us manage and improve the usability of the Site, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and to identify the most popular sections of the Site.
Refusing, disabling or deactivating of tracking technologies may result in a reduced availability of the services provided by the Site or parts of the Site may no longer function correctly.
What is a cookie?Cookies are small files which are stored on your computer to keep track of your visit to the website and your preferences; as you move between pages, and sometimes to save settings between visits. Cookies help the builders of websites gather statistics about how often people visit certain areas of the site, and help in tailoring websites to be more useful and user-friendly.
For more information on cookies, please visit the UK Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.gov.uk) for a thorough and detailed description of the purpose and usage of cookies, and information on how to control and delete cookies from your browser.
How are cookies used in this website?The cookies we store on Banque Thaler websites are used to:
- track the number, and type of visits to the website, and its pages, in order for us to determine which parts of the site are working well, and which need improvement,
- store your preferences, for screen layouts, including your preferred language and country,
- gather statistics on the number of users and their usage patterns,
- improve the speed and performance of the website pages.
Controlling CookiesVia the settings of your internet browser (“Cookie Settings”) you can control which types of cookies the Site may set on your device. Please ensure that you set your cookie settings by un-ticking certain types of cookies if you do not consent to their use by BANQUE THALER.
Please ensure that your browser setting reflects whether you wish to be warned about and/or accept tracking technologies (such as cookies) where possible. The specific capabilities of your browser and instructions on how to use them can usually be found in the manual or help file of your browser.
When you save your cookie settings, they should also apply to your future visits to the Site. However, for technical reasons beyond BANQUE THALER’s control, this cannot be guaranteed. For example, if you reset your browser, delete your cookies or access the Site from another browser or device your cookie settings may be lost. To comply with applicable laws and regulations, in some countries you may be asked to confirm your cookie settings when you first visit the Site. If you are in a country where you are automatically required to set your cookie settings, you may be asked to set them again on a future visit.
Deleting CookiesYou may opt-out of cookies (and the use of this website) at any time, by deleting the cookies that were set by the site. This can be done via the settings of your internet browser, and deleting all cookies. To find how to manage and delete cookies, please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website (www.ico.gov.uk).
5. LinksThis Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites that are not operated or monitored by Banque Thaler. These other websites are not subject to this Policy and we are not responsible for their content or for the policy they apply to the treatment of personal data. We recommend that you read the policy used by these websites and check how these websites protect your personal data and whether they are trustworthy.
6. How can you access or review your personal data?You may, where permitted by applicable law or regulation:
- check whether we hold your personal data,
- ask us to provide you with a copy of your personal data, or
- require us to correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate.
Rue Pierre Fatio 3
Last update in August 2013